DARING to do nothing at all...
Depression is a nasty nasty little business.
I'm not saying I suffer from it. Not at all, I actually find depression rather unappealing. My friend, The Renard Noir, recently lost his house in an unexpected flood. And I'm not kidding when I say unexpected, We live in New Mexico, thus insuring that a flood is the last thing on our minds, but flood it did, and it flooded like the end of the world. First came the rain, which caught us off guard. "What the hell is this?" Said all the locals, peering up at the sky with a confused expression. "Water, coming from the sky? Who ever heard of such a thing?" Needless to say, this exotic water-coming-from-the-sky thing continued for weeks. The city was, naturally, totally unprepared. I mean, in a city that usually gets less than two inches of rain a year, two inches of rain in an hour can cause some serious ass-whoop to the local roads. Buildings flooded, levees broke, and all in all, we were honestly considering building an ark.
Anyway, All this rain caused the usually shallow Rio Grande, a river by the kid's home to overflow and kind of destroy his house.
Admit it, you'd be pretty pissed off if this happened to you. And pissed he is, at least as far as I can tell. I don't talk to him much anymore, but when I do, all I get is "goddamn water wrecked everything" vibes. What am I doing about his? N-O-T-H-I-N-G. "That's too bad." I'll always say. Or, "Sorry about that."
Do I feel bad about this? Not really, because as far as I'm concerend, it doesn't matter to him one way or another if I still exsist. It's a mutual feeling, however. Sometimes I miss the kid's smartass sense of humor and/or existential intelligence, but then I remember, "Wait, I'm mad at him. Oh yeah."
So.
That's all.
I'm not saying I suffer from it. Not at all, I actually find depression rather unappealing. My friend, The Renard Noir, recently lost his house in an unexpected flood. And I'm not kidding when I say unexpected, We live in New Mexico, thus insuring that a flood is the last thing on our minds, but flood it did, and it flooded like the end of the world. First came the rain, which caught us off guard. "What the hell is this?" Said all the locals, peering up at the sky with a confused expression. "Water, coming from the sky? Who ever heard of such a thing?" Needless to say, this exotic water-coming-from-the-sky thing continued for weeks. The city was, naturally, totally unprepared. I mean, in a city that usually gets less than two inches of rain a year, two inches of rain in an hour can cause some serious ass-whoop to the local roads. Buildings flooded, levees broke, and all in all, we were honestly considering building an ark.
Anyway, All this rain caused the usually shallow Rio Grande, a river by the kid's home to overflow and kind of destroy his house.
Admit it, you'd be pretty pissed off if this happened to you. And pissed he is, at least as far as I can tell. I don't talk to him much anymore, but when I do, all I get is "goddamn water wrecked everything" vibes. What am I doing about his? N-O-T-H-I-N-G. "That's too bad." I'll always say. Or, "Sorry about that."
Do I feel bad about this? Not really, because as far as I'm concerend, it doesn't matter to him one way or another if I still exsist. It's a mutual feeling, however. Sometimes I miss the kid's smartass sense of humor and/or existential intelligence, but then I remember, "Wait, I'm mad at him. Oh yeah."
So.
That's all.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home